Sign in to follow this  
Keith Nivan

WEST SIDE BERNIE in the Derby Today!

Breaking from the #1 post position, with some wise guys giving him a shot.

Look for him in the "fluorescent pink, orange hoops, fluorescent pink bars on orange sleeves, fluorescent pink cap".

Hey: it's a look.

Another rock 'n' roll angle: #9 "Join in the Dance" which they tell me is a line from Fogelberg's "Run for the Roses" weeper.

Wouldn't know. Was never a Dan Fan, but I know there are quite a few on the board.

My advice: Get some "Chocolate Candy" and enjoy the race. 6:24 EDT.

Good luck everybody.

"K"

Well, you're either out a few bucks today or retired ...

Or considering retiring from handicapping.

Phil, there is a 3 year old named THIS ONE'S FOR PHIL out their running. Maybe he'll show up in the Preakness or Belmont.

BROTHER KEITH started on the Derby trail, but hasn't been heard from for many weeks, and quite frankly, I'm growing concerned...

And yes, "NOWHERE TO HIDE" was another catchy handle.

Wait'll next year.

See you at Arlington, Phil?

Tom

sterling   

Tom,

Thanks guy!!! Oh well ....yes I will see you at Arlington and I will make my own decisions...

Hey you owe me a cold one at DC Cobbs in downtown Woodstock at my nephew's night spot. I will have to check it out sometime.

Phil

Phil,

Let's do Arlington on a Sunday, 10:48 Metra out of Woodstock; we'll do Cobbs on the way back.

Email me and we can pick a date; mid-June? You'll love my kids ...

Foe better or worse they know their way around the track.

Tom

LC   

Personally, I was rooting for "Nowhere To Hide"!

Elle, me too! I had high hopes for Nowhere to Hide. And why not? It's named after such a classic (albeit largely unknown) ballad.... Alas, Nowhere to Hide came ran near the back of the pack and never got going..... Great race, though. The mud added a different element....

Thankfully, I never got around to putting money down on NHT. :-)

elle4ec   

Great minds think alike, right LC? As soon as I heard the name "Nowhere To Hide", I knew no matter what the odds, that was my pick for the Derby!

I guess it was sentimental on my part, it's such a great ballad, and it's on my beloved BOATS album.

A great name can only get you so far though. Like you, I'm just glad I didn't bet any money on "Nowhere To Hide"!!! spin