Sign in to follow this  
hollies65

CNN's unbiased reporting of Tea Party.....

We've been needing tax reform for some time, but I don't think we can blame the current admin. for all that.

When Reagan said that govt. is the problem, he was right ( at that point in time ).

The volume that exists on Wall Street now, far out paces what existed in the 80's and regulation has been woefully inadequate.

Some regulation is good -- too much is bad.

Traffic lights are a good regulation I think.

Sometimes, due to volume, certain traffic lights are only flashing lights during early a.m. hours.

What we need is BALANCE in our laws and regulations.

We do need a simpler tax code though, in a big way!

Cozmik   

Where were these people with signs about the burden of national debt their children will have when Bush took the national debt from $5.73 trillion (and a Clinton surplus that could have gone towards paying it down) when he took office to $10.7 trillion when he left?

angelina   

Cozmik...you'll find most fiscal conservatives HATED most of Bush's spending. I know I did!

The point being made.... is CNN marching to Democrat daily talking points in a confrontational manner. Nothing worse than confrontation during a teabagging. spinsmart

Where were these people with signs about the burden of national debt their children will have when Bush took the national debt from $5.73 trillion (and a Clinton surplus that could have gone towards paying it down) when he took office to $10.7 trillion when he left?

Please post the link with those #s.

Cozmik   

Google is your friend.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...ebt-under-bush/

Plenty of other sites, some less politcal if you are so inclined, show 4 to 5 trillion. Nearly doubling the national debt. He raised the national debt almost as much all the previous presidents combined.

Where was the outrage from the right? That's a legitimate question. Its all about stirring up people when they want their attention and down playing it when they don't.

darlene   

I don't think he took it to 10.7 trillion. I think you're getting it mixed up with the current president, who's taking it WAY over 10.7 trillion and has no signs of stopping.

Yet another "stimulus-porkulus" is being proposed. How many trillion will that be? 20?

I guess it's okay with some people as long as Obama does it.

Google seems to be Rahm Emanuel's friend too. I see from the link it's a quote from Rahm Emanuel's propaganda, so I already know 1) it's a lie and 2) what Obama is doing is being projected onto another person--because the current president and his administration don't take responsibility for anything.

I do think people are fed up with the government taking their money and if you think people are angry BEFORE the tax increases, just wait until everything, including gasoline is taxed, income taxes go up and more money is being wasted.

smile --D

Google is your friend.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...ebt-under-bush/

Plenty of other sites, some less politcal if you are so inclined, show 4 to 5 trillion. Nearly doubling the national debt. He raised the national debt almost as much all the previous presidents combined.

Where was the outrage from the right? That's a legitimate question. Its all about stirring up people when they want their attention and down playing it when they don't.

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/03/24/bush-deficit-vs-obama-deficit-in-pictures/

Pauli the jury is still out on the Obama administration. I know the Right wants to jump on the bandwagon and trash his decisions and adminsitration after a couple months, and is praying for his failure, but I think towards the end of this year it will be a better time to make less rash judgements on these decisions. I agree, many of these spending decisions seem absurd and we should all be concerned about the level of giving to banks and financial institiutions compared to giving back to people as a whole. I think this is a mistake but I will wait to see for a reasonable time period what the effects are. Its unreasonale to think this would be immediate.