Sign in to follow this  
sterling

Ex Major league pitcher eyes comback after 18 years

sterling   

Oil Can Boyd thinks there is still gas left in the tank?

Could this be a case of the lights are on but nobody's home?

He sounds like he is 5 fries short of a Happy Meal?

The wheel is turning but the hamster is dead???

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9228008/\'Oil-Can\'-Boyd-looking-for-comeback-at-age-49?MSNHPHCP&GT1=39002

GMan   

Lol...I heard that on WFAN in New York.....I think he was a little into the "oil" when he made that statement. Some guys just can't accept the the fact that it's over.

angelina   

At least you know he didn't do 'roids or hGh. He might've dabbled with tyhe old "columbian marching powder" back in the day. I think Dennis weighed about 155lbs soaking wet when he pitched for the Sox in the 80's.

But this attempt is just plain goofy...even for "Oil Can".

John

He should have tried LAST year when the price for a barrel of crude oil was at its highest. Even with performance 'enhancers' ol' Dennis Boyd is likely going to prove harmful to the environment of any ball field all these years after the 'fact'.

Poor guy likely need$ $ome loot.

Billy   

The Can had been pitching, to the best of my knowledge, right up until a year or so ago in places like the Northern League and the Can-Am league. I think teams used to bring him in to pitch a game to attract fans. I'm pretty sure he is also part of a barn storming team that Bill Lee runs up in Vermont. And if you think the Can is out there, talk to Bill Lee sometime. I met him at the Magic Hat Brewery in VT a few years ago -- that was a blast. He signed the baseball "Bill Lee -- Earth 2007"

Billy   

Yeah, Bill Lee is a trip. He was up at the Magic Hat for the weekend and had a tent pitched out in the back of the place. He was sleeping over.

Cleveland Stadium, mid 70s, between games (remember good ol doubleheaders) Bill Lee goes out to LF, glove on his right hand and a bat in his left and proceeds to hit himself flyballs, musta had some high quality Wheaties that morning.