Sign in to follow this  
marvin

Newest Member: Brooklyn Lisa

marvin   
aggiesjc said:

Yeah, Marvin, as in "I can't understand a word you're saying." I wonder if I was the only one taken aback by that.

A communication barrier? How could that be? You had one person from Massachusetts and one from Brooklyn trying to converse. The UN never had it so hard.

marvin   

Hmm...I think he's originally from MA, moved to CA, and then back to MA, as per his "Reflections" story. Either way, instead of handing out menus at the restaurant, they should have handed out a translating dictionary.

MJ   

Hey Lisa - had a great time hanging out with you on Saturday and seeing you Sunday! I hope to go to some more shows so maybe we can meet up again and run the price down on another stretch limo lol!

darlene   

In reference to HT's reaction to Lew's desire to reproduce, come on, HT! Everyone attracts someone at one time or other. Cheer up, Lew. I'll bet even a hermaphrodite would have at least one of his species with a crush who would aspire to reproduce with him. :lol:

:) --D

dianed   
aggiesjc said:

That east coast talk takes some getting used to.

I beg your pardon ??? :angry:

I had NO trouble understanding Brooklyn Lisa. Us "New Yawkers" don't "tawk" funny....you guys just listen wrong !!! :lol:

Thanks to all who responded, commented, wished me well and made me feel very welcome as the newest member on the board. I am off to Virginia Beach for a few days, and don't know how internet accessible I will be, but I will sure try to be and you all will certainly be in my thoughts!

oOPS, think I hit send too soon. I was trying to say that I have a MANHATTAN accent really - not a Brooklyn one so much. Hmmm. Possibly an English accent from listening to soooo much English singers music. Like Rod, Mick and well, Rod and Elton, and well, Rod. Did I say Rod enough?

Lisa,

I know what you mean. If anything I'm the opposite- English with an American accent from listening to so many American bands.

And welcome by the way to this finely crafted and lovingly maintained piece of worldwidewebbery!

Gary smile