Sign in to follow this  
TOMMY TUNES

Did you ever dream you were a rock star?

It's pretty cool to be playing at functions that big. I get a thrill getting up and plugging in for a couple of songs at parties with the band. Seems to be a pretty professional outfit Marv has himself involved with there.

marvin   

We only play for organizations looking to raise money for charity. Other than asking for our expenses to be paid, our payment is a cheque (usually $500 - $1000) to be donated to the charity of our choice. I've been in too many bands where money divided and split the bands. The raison-d'etre of this band is to make music for the joy of making music, and giving back to the community, if we can.

darlene   

I know those people! At least ONE of them! Great video, Marv. What a fantastic idea. You are truly the salt of the earth! Beautiful performance! I love it!

smile --Darlene

I know those people! At least ONE of them! Great video, Marv. What a fantastic idea. You are truly the salt of the earth! Beautiful performance! I love it!

smile --Darlene

Would that make LC the meat you put the salt of the earth on?

AD HOC was never the same after Steve "The Caribou" McDermott was arrested for bringing that

moose in panty hose across the Minnesota state border. Coming off the success of their huge concept album, "There are Martians in Manitoba,"

it was a shame McDermott had to go to prison for 18 months. Even Marvs great bass playing couldnt rescue the band then. I think its wonderful their pay now goes to charity and I guess donating that money to the Toronto Maple Leafs actually does classify as giving to a charity.

AD HOC is supposed to be touring the States again after McDermott, and the moose, get out of jail in Minnesota. Supposedly the tour will be sponsored by Molson but band demands to have 154 cases of brew on hand, and two mooses, for each gig have raised some eyebrows.

(Raspberywine)

AD HOC was never the same after Steve "The Caribou" McDermott was arrested for bringing that

moose in panty hose across the Minnesota state border. Coming off the success of their huge concept album, "There are Martians in Manitoba,"

it was a shame McDermott had to go to prison for 18 months. Even Marvs great bass playing couldnt rescue the band then. I think its wonderful their pay now goes to charity and I guess donating that money to the Toronto Maple Leafs actually does classify as giving to a charity.

AD HOC is supposed to be touring the States again after McDermott, and the moose, get out of jail in Minnesota. Supposedly the tour will be sponsored by Molson but band demands to have 154 cases of brew on hand, and two mooses, for each gig have raised some eyebrows.

(Raspberywine)

That's my guy. He's back!

AnneG   

That was beautiful, Marvin (love the Habs flag...).

There are 11 of you in the band? I would love to get your band east for a charity function, but unless you're willing to hike part of the way.... smile

Anne

marvin   

That was beautiful, Marvin (love the Habs flag...).

There are 11 of you in the band? I would love to get your band east for a charity function, but unless you're willing to hike part of the way.... smile

Anne

Yes 11 members, sometimes as many as 13 in the band. We just added another sax and trumpet to compliment the horn section.

Raspberrywine our tour with McDermott will be titled "The Moose Is Loose." Look out for us at a brewery near you.