Sign in to follow this  
Raspbernie

My Band @ KISSonline!

Now this — is hotter than Hell!

When Ken Sharp told me that my high school rock band may have been the first KISS tribute band, it was certainly something I had never considered before. But it looks like he may have been correct!

Ken sent the story to KISSonline. They forwarded it to Paul Stanley. Amazingly, Paul Stanley dug the story! I'm guessing he got a kick out of our home-made costumes and grass-roots sincerity. We even built our own smoke machine for the gig! I mean, the KISS tribute band circuit is so serious right now, with bands buying costumes, sets and instruments to sound and look like KISS. We were a group of teenagers who happened to add a bunch of KISS songs to our set list before anyone thought the classic rock band was cool. Who would have guessed that 30 some odd years later we'd get the very attention of the band themselves, as well as their legion of fans?

Anyway, the story of Mortimer Snerd's first KISS tribute show is now featured at the home page of KISSonline.com with a link to the full story!

Thanks to my longtime friend and former bandmate Larry Bogush for coming up with the crazy idea that our high school band deserves a web site, and former roadie (now professional photographer) Brian Stratton for getting the story in the South Amboy/Sayreville Times, and former band member Tom Zebro for looking so much like Paul Stanley :-) and Mark Merriman for accidentally ingesting that fake blood! Special thanks to my good friend and co-author Ken Sharp, who never ceases to amaze me!

Bernie

MikeC   

What a great surprise from KISS. I really like to read what Paul says. I didn't realize how smart he is. And, he tells people straight about things, being real with his thoughts.

marlene   

Kazumi...where have you been, girl ???? I've missed reading your posts !

A road trip to Atlantic City MAY just be in order for this show ! happyhappy

As an aside here, because KISSonline gets so much traffic, I've already gotten reports that they are discussing "Mortimer Snerd" in Italy and the Netherlands on websites in those countries!

Bernie

This story gets crazier and crazier. We just received word that a Russian web site has translated the article on our band so that Russian KISS fans can read about our early KISS show:

KISSrevenge.com

Bernie

PS: It seems to open up behind this page for some reason. The Russian webmaster asked us for some comments and we wrote him back. Our comments can be viewed HERE.

AnniekNY   

OK, just so everyone knows how selfish I am, before Mortimer Snerd heads off to Russia, can you please teach someone else to run this website...Eric, step up dude!!! hey, here's an idea...maybe the Raspberries and Mortimer Snerd can tour together...da y nyet?? LuvLovelaugh