Sign in to follow this  
Raspbernie

Live On Sunset Strip Cover

music-sunsetstrip.jpg

You know, I was just revisiting the cover design for Raspberries: Live On Sunset Strip and I'm really proud of it. That's all, just wanted to share :)

MJ   

You KNOW how I feel about that Flying V Bernie lol ;) It makes the entire cover relevant.

And you know what? It would have made a great vinyl lp double album cover as well!!!!

Jim Bonfanti took that photo of Wally's Flying V after a rehearsal for me. I just instructed Jim to shoot 20 or so different angles. I matched one up precisely to the angle needed to have it rest against the wall in that Los Angles street scene—and it worked!

By the way, while I'm issuing my "shout outs," the inspiration for duplicating that Beatles poster came from my Eric Carmen: Marathon Man co-author, Ken Sharp :-)

Ann   

Bernie, we must be on the same wave length today. I have been sitting around, bored, while recovering from surgery and decided to cheer myself up the Raspberries way. I put on my Live on the Sunset Strip DVD and logged into the website and voila! saw this entry. Great job on the cover. You rock!!

LC   

Bernie,

What I'd give to design a Raspberries cover --- even if it were 5% as good as the one you did.... As I mentioned in that thread on Live on Sunset Strip last week, your cover is part of what made the package so great. You were the right guy to do it, and you really nailed it. Very artistic album cover....

BTW, did Ryko have posters of the cover printed up? I mean, big-size posters, like the ones you see in record stores? Or was that not in the budget? I'd love to have a Live on Sunset Strip poster hanging around here....

Kirk   

The sun, moon and stars were all lined up for this cover- I still have to stare at it for a minute before I put on the dvd or cd :)

It was sure a blessing to have an extraordinary art director design the package, as opposed to, say, the genius who put together the last Capitol release ( you know, the one with the hideous colors, and me with my eyes closed ).

Thanks a million, Bernie

ec

Bernie , you are so freakin talented...I just hope there enough of you to go around to all these projects that you don't spread yourself to thin...and to quote others, you are the coolest...

Prior to this "album cover" I think my favorite had to be the one for the Power Pop edition that featured Side 3 and Starting Over... actual concert photos... looking like the kings that they are... But the design and inspiration for this one... sheer genius...

I don't know about you, but I'm anxious to see what they dream up for the NEXT album cover... :lol: