Sign in to follow this  
Tiggsherby

It's Official: Raspberries Festival Announced

1. I was countering your points on Cleveland vs Pittsburgh.You and I have done this before. I feel Cleveland always comes out on top...you think Pittsburgh does.

2. Yeah...I guess me too.

3. That's too bad

4. Bye.

Hey Lew...Lurking? I posted a phone call you made in the 'Come Round and See Me' section...go check it out! I hope soon you'll have the pleasure of addressing me face to face!

MJ   

PM just what is "snarky?" I think a lot of people miss good sarcasm - it is never quite intended on personally attacking one person - it is a message board after all - and it's about ERIC and the Raspberries for god's sake, not about us!!!!

boopell   

Maybe the problem is we're not face-to-face. We're PC to PC and hearing/seeing harmless sarcasm in person would probably be more easily understood. I guess everyone interprets what they read differently.

Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Steeler Fan--please reconsider.

Danny S. said:

Please ladies....dont get too excited....its not for sure yet.....

Danny...it's you...how can we not be excited?! :)

boopell said:

Maybe the problem is we're not face-to-face. We're PC to PC and hearing/seeing harmless sarcasm in person would probably be more easily understood. I guess everyone interprets what they read differently.

Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Steeler Fan--please reconsider.

WORD! boopell. Posts, like emails, have no tone.

I say lets just do body shots and make up. Come on...seriously...join hands and sing Kumbiya - I'll even start it off - like when I was a Campfire Girl. Except Mrs. Gould, our troop leader, used to tell me to keep the body shots on the down low! :lol:

Ecstasy   

MJ, Hollies --- Deborah didn't deserve that kind of treatment. If offering ideas to be helpful draws sarcasm or countering of points then I hope I think twice about being helpful onlist. I'll consider being kind offlist instead because no one on this board deserves disrespect.

Deborah, I hope you're still out there to read this. I tried to PM you but there wasn't an address. I've enjoyed your posts and always considered you one of the sweetest, gentlest ladies on the board. Please stay on and share with those who genuinely appreciate you!

Deserve what kind of treatment? Me stating my reasons why the WAB should obviously be at Danny's this year? She knows my hatred of the Steelers [And all things Pittsburg...it's a Cleveland thing] so it was a riff off of that.C'mon every other post from Steeler's fan is a commercial for Pittsburgh...AND I"M FROM CLEVELAND! If I have to explain that to anyone...well they just won't get it.So the rules are, sarcasm and strong opinion are not allowed? Who made those rules? Sorry, I'm not the only person with strong opinions on this board. You are entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine...and I don't agree with yours.

Why are you lumping MJ in this? MJ is a big girl and can speak for herself...But her "PUHLEASE!" was uncalled for? Huh? BTW...I'll continue to post here despite Lew's many brutal post's directed at me!The guy is unrelenting!

mannoman   

And here I was just saying to myself how things have quieted down on the board and how civil everyone has been. Remind me to stop talking to myself.

Folks, as Wendy stated these are words and there is no tone - that said, those toneless words are subject to interpretation by the recipient/reader. They could be interpreted as, funny, sarcastic, personal opinion, mean-spirited or as a personal affront. The first three are part of any message board. The last two are what cause me to find my moderator hat.

I'm not wearing a hat.

Play nice kids.

C'mon back Deb.

marvin   

I think you should have this gathering here in Calgary at my place. Even the acronym's are better:

WAC (Weekend At Calgary)

WAM (Weekend At Marvin's)

Hey, you guys are welcome to have a "Weekend at Wherever" anytime you want. I'd be more than happy to promote it. Circumstances prevent me from holding the annual party at my house this year, but we will be back bigger and better than ever next year! We actually did skip a year before, so this is not without precedent. I suppose with Eric making an appearance last year we'd need a ballroom to accommodate everyone who might come this year, so maybe it's for the better. Anyway, let's not fight among ourselves. If one or more of you decides to hold a party in the absence of an official "Weekend At Bernie's," I say, the more the merrier!

Gene   

I'm all for it. "Weekend at Bernie's, on the Road!" Or it could be "WAB... on the Road Again", but Willie might show up.

Hey this is cool, I go away for a few days and my "faux" post turns into something exciting.

Someone might want to start a new thread and start throwing around possible dates and locations.

All I can say Danny is that it won't be too bad....I've had up to 75 people at my place for Memorial Day and it always turns out just fine.

I'd do this, but my place is not convienent to transportation, hotels or more importantly the "band"!

Just wing it....it'll work out just fine.

BEATNUT   

I'd definitely consider hosting the party at my house on Long Island. Plenty of Hotels right nearby. I'm only 10 minutes from the Westbury Music Theater.

However, i'd want the GUARANTY that Eric will show up. :lol:

BEATNUT   
marvin said:

Well I'd DEFINITELY have it at my place in Calgary, but I'd want the GUARANTEE that ANYONE will show up!

Now that's freakin' funny Marvin. :lol:

MJ   

I still believe IF there were to be one, the ideal location is the Cleveland area as they will ALL be around and the possibilities would increase for a really good time for all..... But there is always next year.....