Sign in to follow this  
Raspbernie

Watching Wally play "Substitute"

...was worth the price of admission alone!

Wally Bryson RULES! Some of us already know that. We're just waiting for everybody else to get the memo.

:lol:

Bernie

MJ   

Oh Bernie you are just SOOOO right lol. I went up after Sunday's show and just told Kay how INCREDIBLE her husband was.....he makes it look like it's nothing lol.

MJ   

I am still horse after singing 2 nights at the band (not with them of course). Not to mention yelling WAL - LEE all night and DAVE! and JIM! and GO ERIC.....

Couldn't let this go by....Wally was, and is a great musician. Not maybe, not kinda, not sorta. He has a style all his own. Your right, he is not only a pleasure to hear, he is one of those people who are a pleasure to watch perform.

I watched him in the early years, and then with Fotomaker, and am loving it again this time around.

He is a gentleman of the first order.

I would be remiss if I didn't say Jesse is not far behind. I had a chance to see Jesse in the city a little back, and ....yeah...good stuff and the Bryson style. Best of luck to him.

mamacote   

.....wally was in the studio friday evening laying down some smokin' guitar tracks and singing some bg vox on one of jesse's tunes,("abilene")......it was wonderful seeing them work together and their appreciation of each others musical talents was very apparent......a "wally mix" is currently underway!!

For me, 'Substitute' was the hightlight of Saturday night's performance. Call me crazy, but I think the entire band had more fun with that song than any other.

Dave

marvin   

Two nights of Raspberries songs, and the one song that I can't get out of my head is "Substitute." It is amazing how Eric and Wally can capture the spirit and feel for these covers.

MJ   

Agreed Chris - let's hope the fog never lifts lol.

I also like Jesse's work - he is a very talented guy - I'm sorry I didn't get to meet him at the shows - I saw him but didn't get to say hi.