Sign in to follow this  
Jay52

Live On Sunset Strip!

Kirk   

Brian Mac--Here's part of a quote from Eric from back in June. Maybe you missed it:

"Back in the 70's, it would have been a different story, because the sales of any given album could have significant impact on your life and career. That's not really the case here. We made this recording as a legacy, for our fans and for us.

We're very realistic in our expectations. We've done our best to make a really good CD. We don't expect to sell tonnage. Sales of CD's are not exactly "brisk" these days."

Would that qualify as 'modest' expectations?--Kirk.

Trindys latest almost as long as "War and Peace."

I dont think Einsteins Theory of General Relativity was that long. But regardless, people should be entitled to their opinions, on either side of the fence whether sunshine or anger. Al has apologized profusely in my opinion. What's the deal, is every one here above accepting an apology? Go ahead, get your refund and I'll buy the L.E. copy made available by such an impotent protest. Thats silly, it will be here soon to enjoy. Who, in their right mind, with all the hard work put into these projects by the band ( and others ) would think anyone associated with the Raspberries would want this edition to have been launched with any nagging issues? It's dumb to think so. Taken advantage of?, highly doubtful. Errors in planning?, seems to be but whats wrong with forgiving as opposed to condeming?

marvin   

Like all of you, I've been reading the 'where is my cd?' / 'relax, your cd is on it's way' posts with interest. I just thought that I'd offer a little perspective:

There are a few of us on this site who are huge fans of the Eagles. The last Eagles studio album came out in 1980 ("The Long Run"), followed 14 years later by "Hell Freezes Over" in 1994. In the 13 years since, we keep hearing that the band is working on a new album and that it's "almost done." During that time we've been thrown a few morsels to tide us over: the "Live From Melbourne" dvd, the "Hole In the World", Fast Company", "Do Something" and "No More Cloudy Days" singles. In January of this year Henley announced that the album would be out by June. June came and went with no announcement. Last week Joe Walsh announced that it should be out by October, and then just last night in concert, Don Henley said "by the end of the year." And so it goes on and on and on...It's gotten to the point where I'll believe it when I actually see it in the stores.

So sure I wish I had my Raspberries cd/dvd NOW, but compared to what this Eagles fan has been going through, waiting 8 months for the Raspberries suddenly doesnt' seem so bad.

Marv

AnniekNY   

I don't feel mistreated by the band. I am not angry, pissed off or upset at anyone simply because I didn't have an expectation of getting this package at a specific time - that's just me. We are definitely receiving what we paid for, right??

Its absence is not inconveniencing me in any way. It's an entertainment, not life-saving medicine.

So respect everyone's right to their own opinion - no matter what it is - and the right for everyone else to express theirs.

AnniekNY said:

I don't feel mistreated by the band. I am not angry, pissed off or upset at anyone simply because I didn't have an expectation of getting this package at a specific time - that's just me. We are definitely receiving what we paid for, right?

Its absence is not inconveniencing me in any way. It's an entertainment, not life-saving medicine.

So respect everyone's right to their own opinion - no matter what it is - and the right for everyone else to express theirs.

I feel the same way too Annie!

HT

mellie   

I'm just going to post this here because I know if I try to send a PM, it will be ignored. To Trindy - I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings or made you think your opinion was invalid. The only part of your posts that hit me the wrong way was the use of collective nouns - we, us, our... You may not have intended it, but it made me and some others feel like you were assuming a spokesperson role without making sure everyone felt the same way before you did. It also felt like you disregarded how we felt and wanted to kill the ongoing anticipation and elation that we still feel about the LE release.

I am completely at a loss for words regarding the LE being distributed before the commercial release. I did not know it was supposed to be in our hands first. I don't read everything on here, so I probably missed the post saying that and I guess in some ways it's better for me not to know. As it was, the days leading up to 7/31 were almost as bad as being a kid waiting for Christmas. At least the extras we're getting are the cookies and hot chocolate that made waiting for Santa a little bit easier.

Nothing anyone can say is going to damper my love of Raspberries as individual band members or their music. I'm fairly analytical and think things through, and I know what I think and why I think it. I can recall few artists that go out of their way to show their fans how much they appreciate the faithfulness over the years. I just plain feel that their hearts are too good and in the right place to intentionally try to disappoint me or anyone else. They're good people!

I'm glad you got a copy of the commercial release to get you through the last few days. Hopefully the post office will deliver your LE first and your next post will be a review to put all other reviews to shame.

mannoman   

I'm sitting here wondering if I should bother offering my two monetary units on this topic. Since it is something totally out of my control, I'd say "Naaaah."

In the whole scheme of things (wars, famine, genocide) the fact that a CD has not shown up on time, in my mailbox, is not that big of a deal. I'll just be happy whenever it arrives and enjoy the hell out of it. Until then.........peace.

Hmm, I guess I put in my 2 cents anyway ;)

TOMMY TUNES said:

All this arguing.

All this pot stirring.

And I'm nowhere to be found.

I feel so left out.

People are going to get the wrong impression and believe I've matured or something.

I just don't know what to do.

Time for us both to get the big spoons out!!

STIR AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MJ   

Shouldn't Bernie get ready to start the topic "who received the first limited edition copy" soon? Do you think it will be the above aforementioned individual (lol).

Ecstasy   

I can't produce the post right this minute but I do remember Eric saying that he could hardly wait until we all had our sets and started posting how we liked it. In the meantime, while we've waited, we've been getting bonus after bonus to download to tide us over. I don't consider that being cheated, rather getting what we were promised! I'm guess I'm too simplistic but for me it's a matter of faith, trust, and respect. If Eric Carmen tells me they worked hard at this and did their best and says he can hardly wait for our reactions then I take him at his word and believe him. Period. Business may be business but obstacles and delays happen. I may not be thrilled about the delays but I AM thrilled that the guys did this for us and I AM thrilled to say that I look forward to posting to Eric and telling him how much I've enjoyed their latest work. And so, I wait patiently knowing that what I ORDERED will NOT be the same thing that's in the stores and will have what we were promised from Day One... something uniquely special for the most loyal fans just as Eric said. How could I complain about that!

stringer   

I am happy to wait, because I know they're working hard to make the package special. It's like waiting for Christmas as a kid.

As an adult, times go fast, so I'm enjoying the anticipation of it all.

We all love the Raspberries in our own way, even through alittle frustration. Just shows the love in our own funny way! :cool:

tgp   

Everyone here has a valid point. BUT, a heads-up in one of the bonus e-mails would have been considerate and simple.

It's Wednesday morning in Jersey. Has anyone gotten their LE yet? I'll post the minute I get mine.

I have checked at the local B&N and Best Buy and they don't have any in stock or that they're planning on carrying it. As far as Best Buy, the only store in Missouri carrying it is Battlefield, Mo.(I don't have a clue where that is)

I did however mention after inquiring about the cd/dvd that I was getting my LE that is signed by the band and that I wanted another copy to tide me over. I didn't end up with a copy- yet...

HT

Don_Krider said:

Me, I'm just relaxing at Bernie's "Boats Against The Current" 30th Anniversary Blog and loving the 1976 demo of "Runaway" that Bernie has posted (just Eric and a piano) --- like this website with so many free audio and video treats, it's free.

BEAUTIFUL, what a treat!! Thanks to Bernie for this gem!! :)

darlene   

We all know life isn't always fair, in fact, it *usually* isn't. If it were, Raspberries would have been one of the most financially successful bands in the industry. It's still a miracle to me that they took a leap of faith at substantial personal sacrifices for *each* of them and reunited. They didn't do it for themselves--they did it for us. And anyone who has been around for awhile and visited the several websites connected with the band knows it was far from easy sailing all the way. But they did it, completed a whole tour and produced an ASTONISHING cd and dvd recording that sets the gold standard. And they're not asking ANYONE to be grateful, so nobody *has* to be.

Given the incredible events over the past three short years (after *32* years!), I'm happy to say I'm THRILLED! Call it "lemonade," "kool-aid," or whatever you want--I'm with Marlene! I'm absolutely grateful, and always will be, to Raspberries, Overdubs, Road Crew, Bernie, Kathy, Ken Sharp, Mark Linnet and anyone else who helped make this happen, including my fellow fans.

I'm eager to get the LE package, but the "ecstacy" of "RASPBERRIES LIVE..." being in stores is a dream come true, one that we *all* shared, and I'm not going to let anything ruin my joy at seeing that come to pass! That's the miracle we begged for, and we've seen a few miracles we barely dared hope for happen, including a Raspberries Reunion Concert, a tour and stellar reviews! And I know there's more to come.

I'm too busy working on my next dream--for this cd to stand the industry on its ear--to let a delayed package upset me. I'll never let a stone in my shoe divert my focus from a miracle.

:) --Darlene

marvin   
darlene said:

I'll never let a stone in my shoe divert my focus from a miracle.

Well now if that isn't the best line I've heard in years. Thanks Darlene for putting things in persepctive. Four years ago, none of us could have dreamed any of this. Prior to that we were all just names on a Message Board. Since that eventful day, a few of us have met, grabbed each other's hand during "I Wanna Be With You" (!), and have had a chance to live a dream. Suddenly a late arriving cd doesn't seem so important.

Marv

Trindy   

tgp, you have it right. Just a heads-up...

If my continued stance about this (and just to clarify, I am not trying to speak for anyone other than those who feel the way I do) bothers some people, or if they don't like it, or they think it is "silly," or "petty," or any of the other two-dozen odd things they have said about me to put me down...again, too damn bad.

I never said this problem was more important than world peace or famine or all the other stuff some of you tried to imply I was saying it was worse than, in order to paint me as a person with a misplaced sense of priorities. I am well aware that in the grand scheme of things, it's actually pretty small. But that was not my point.

Obviously I am in the minority. But I'm not going to change my mind.

I am hoping that very soon, the whole issue will be over. And you know what? Seeing those pictures of the shipping process was a very big step in the RIGHT direction.

That's how simple it really is.