Sign in to follow this  
Jay52

Live On Sunset Strip!

The San Diego Union had a Tuesday "Just Released" CD section. No mention of the Raspberries Live CD, Dammit! What should I do? Burn their building down? Cancel my subscription?

Not necessarily in that order...)

Trindy   

I have the same question as other people do who ordered the deluxe set.

WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THIS "WEEK OF THE 6TH" CRAP?????

Sorry to be so blunt and sound so angry, but I can't help it, I am! In part because I had to spend the last two days (and nights) at a work conference, and could not go out to buy ANYTHING. And now I am sick and home not feeling well. And now everyone and his dog is out buying the commercially available versions of the CD, but me???? Stuck here at home with NOTHING...despite the fact that I ordered TWO copies of the special edition!!!!

I am a loyal fan and I paid more for my special editions. Why is it that I should have to wait the longest? Does this make any sense? Isn't it like punishing those who were the most patient and the most willing to shell out the extra money?

There was talk at one time about getting the special editions out in the mail EARLY...and now THIS is what we get...the regular editions are out there, for sale, and those of us who ordered the special ones are STILL empty-handed and if we want a copy of anything we have to go out and put down more money to buy it now. This after so many months of waiting on everyone's part...first we were told "We don't know when it will be released, but it will be when it's right"...then we were told "next spring"...then "next spring" became "late June," then "late June" became "late July." And now here it is, August 1, and I still have nothing.

I have to stand up and say it: I don't think it's right. I don't think it's the right way to treat loyal fans. I just don't.

The Louisville Courier-Journal (circulation around 300,000) lists new CD releases in their Tuesday editions and they had Raspberries "Live On Sunset Strip" listed right beside new albums by The Rolling Stones and Dave Davies. Very nice to see that.

Don Krider :)

JohnO   

Trindy - Al K. has already posted several apologies for the extra delays in the getting the Ltd Edition packages ready (mostly having to do with adding extra bonuses to the packages), and I'm sure the Limited Editions will be spectacular.....But I also tend to agree with your sentiments.....something, to me, just ain't right about those of us who have been willing to support the band by flying around the country to their shows, putting down $125 a pop for the LE sets (and, like you, I ordered two), etc., not getting the chance to hear this great new offering until after the general commercial release!

(NOTE: To add insult to injury, some of us that have regularly gotten upcoming promo copies of Ryko releases to review for various publications in the past, got stiffed this time - no "Live On Sunset Strip" copies...)

As I posted on another site, half of me keeps thinking "Hey, you've waited over 30 years; what's another week?"....while the other half's saying "Hey, it's been 30 years already! Can we please get a move on!"

JohnO   

"The Louisville Courier-Journal (circulation around 300,000) lists new CD releases in their Tuesday editions and they had Raspberries "Live On Sunset Strip" listed right beside new albums by The Rolling Stones and Dave Davies. Very nice to see that."

Don - I understand that Koch Records has just re-released Dave Davies' "Fractured Mindz" yesterday (previously available only thru Dave's web site), but a new Stones CD? Is this the new "Bigger Bang" live DVD they're referring to instead???

dianed   

Blah, Blah, Blah !!! Everybody's got something to say !! While I understand the frustration that everyone has from this long awaited project, getting all wired up about this is not going to get this CD/DVD to us any sooner. So, we wait a little longer. So what !!! And—yes—we are loyal fans and maybe we should have gotten this package already, but if it wasn't for us loyal fans, there would be no CD/DVD. But, we'e getting something special that no one else will ever have. So, take a chill pill and remember that good things are worth the wait !!!

JohnO said:

I understand that Koch Records has just re-released Dave Davies' "Fractured Mindz" yesterday (previously available only thru Dave's web site), but a new Stones CD? Is this the new "Bigger Bang" live DVD they're referring to instead???

John, you are correct, that would be the new four-DVD set by The Stones. To further my '70s artists "new releases" flashback, other "new releases" listed included Johnny Rivers' "Last Boogie In Paris: The Complete Concert" and David Bowie's "Glass Spider" (CD/DVD).

Don Krider :)

AnniekNY   

I just received an email from Amazon.com saying

"we noticed that you either bought or reviewed 'Boats Against the Current" and thought you might like this: Live on the Sunset Strip!!!!" That was nice PR.

I received a DVD today in the mail...ripped it open, all excited (I've only ordered ONE in the past YEAR) and it was...Death On the Highway - a compliation of high school drivers ed movies!!!

I am going to KILL my husband whe he walks in the door :ph34r::ph34r:

Gene   

It is obvious the "special" DVD set is different from the others. It is my understanding there were some tweaks to be made after an initial production run. There were two choices... hold back delivery of thousands of CDs and DVDs for the United States and other countries... until the 300 special units were tweaked to the satisfaction of the boss... or ship the thousands out and continue to work on the special set so it will be perfect for the folks who paid extra. Which business decision makes more sense?

dianed   

I pre-ordered the CD/DVD rom Barnes and Noble, got an email that it shipped yesterday and it was just delivered today via UPS. I ripped open that package and watched the DVD and I'm still mesmorized !!! FANTASTIC !!! I can only imagine what the special edition will be like !! I'm off to listen to the CD !!

marlene   

I have no problem waiting, either, diane ... I guess we choose to either focus on a little teeny bit of negativity...OR, we can see the tremendous amount of POSITIVE !! It's much more fun to have a glass half full....or in this case an overflowing glass !! There's a NEW RASPBERRIES CD out!!!!!!!! Life is GRAND !! :lol::lol:

Trindy   

John O, you understand EXACTLY how I feel.

As for those of you who had nothing but nasty comments and advice for me...well, you're damn right, "blah blah, everybody's got something to say." They do, and as long as I'm breathing I'm going to speak my mind.

I may be "getting something that no one else will have," but it's not being given to me as a gift. Those of us getting the special edition are not getting it as a gift. We paid for it, and all I'm asking is, why do we have to wait until after the release of the other versions to get it? It's not fair to treat those who exhibited a commitment like that up front as if we were second-class citizens.

And Gene, if you want to know the truth, I'm kind of tired of the "tweaking" of the special version. I would rather have an "imperfect" special version than hear that yet again it was being held back for more "tweaking" to make it "perfect." That's been the story of this whole live project from the beginning...that all the delays and all the long waiting was to make it "perfect"...well, great, now the commercially available versions are out and apparently they are "perfect," but the special edition will still require more "tweaking" to make it "perfect"...so let's hurry and release the commercial versions first as a "business decision" and leave all the loyal fans who bought the special edition waiting while we continue to "tweak" it to "perfection"?...I just don't get it. I would think the better "business decision" would be to respect the up-front investment of the most dedicated purchasers and deliver THEIR version first. Just as was apparently the case with the original plan...before someone decided it needed more "tweaking" and that holding back the commercial versions until the special ones was done being "tweaked" would cause result in missing out on sales.

Business isn't always just about making sure you don't miss out on making the sale to the general public ASAP...sometimes it's about rewarding your most loyal customers. And there has to come a time when a painter stops adding brush strokes to a painting, and realizes it is DONE. That's all I'm saying.

And the next person to say to me "What's another week to wait?" or "Focus on the POSITIVE!"...well, no comment!

Expectations for when the special edition, as well as the commercial ones, have been set...and re-set and re-set and re-set...I don't think it's any great sin for those of us who have been behind this band from the beginning, and behind the special release to the point where we committed to buying it many months in advance, to express some impatience that while everyone else has the commercial version, it is taking longer to "tweak" our special one, so we can't have it just yet...and if you don't agree with me, too damn bad!

mellie   

Trindy, you said exactly what I was thinking - you just don't get it! As for the long-winded diatribe, I could not disagree with you more - but I appreciate your passion.

To Mark, Eric, Dave, Jim, Wally, Al, Bernie and everyone else involved in putting the limited editions together - THANK YOU!!! If you find a few more extras laying around and want to hold my set a couple more days to make it bigger and better, well, feel free. I promise I will not complain.

dianed   

Trindy,

Boy, oh, boy—do you have your panties in a bundle !!! You're acting like a spoiled child !! The news that the special edition might be delayed is NOT "new news". Its been a topic of discussion here. Many of us who purchased the special edition also purchased the deluxe set by pre-ordering it. Mine was shipped yesterday, ON the release date, by Barnes and Noble and I got it today. Maybe you should have planned ahead instead of turning this thread into a "Rant and Rave" session.

Well...I don't have a dog in this fight...Trindy is entitled to her first amendment rights...but dare I say she appears to have little sympathy from the others who are waiting for their limited editions.Just as Trindy is entitled to her say so are the others who feel she is going overboard.

Gene   

I wish the disks had come out two weeks after the final show, but they didn't. I'm glad Trindy is excited for the arrival of her special set. But, most of all I'm glad there is a something new from the band after 33 years. It was quite a thrill to be in the record store (is that the right thing to call them?) and see the in-store computer listing a new Raspberries release with 4 1/2 stars. How 'bout let's celebrate and show some love for the band!

AnniekNY   

Let us chalk all of these passionate discussions up to being addicted to the Raspberries live because the boys have spoiled us by performing!!!! It's completely THEIR FAULT we can't live without the good stuff anymore!!!! :lol:heartpump

Is there still copies available for the $125 version? I'm still not sure I can swing it, since money is tight for me right now, but I'd still love to have the complete concert on DVD.

Jeff