Sign in to follow this  
raspberrywolf

I Am Just Very Glad...

March isn't a good month for Valorie or myself as we both lost our father on the 3rd. I just want to say that I am so very happy to see you back on the board Eric. I never wanted to ask 'where you were' because I truly felt whatever time you need away is obviously sacred to you and therefore I did not wish to intrude. I now however, celebrate your return and any wonderful comments you choose to share with any of us here. We all have missed you and we ALL think the world of you!

*Vera*

I am the one who is sorry Kiwi, I should have been more clear...our father passed away on March 3rd several years ago now BUT the timeframe surrounding his passing is always a difficult time for my family. BTW, Valorie came home on Friday so thank you to all for your continued prayers and support!!

GMan   

I can relate to that V. I lost both of my parents in the month of March. My Dad in '79 and my Mom in '98. A very tough month for me.

AnniekNY   

What is it about this month?!! March 22 - I lost my grandmother in '85, my great aunt in '93 and got hit by a drunk driver the same friggin day - I got hit at 12:45 p.m. and she died at 1 p.m.

weird....

boopell   

My mom passed away in 2000 and my dad in 2004. It's rough sometimes. Sometimes when something funny happens or one of the kids has something special going on I catch myself thinking that I need to call and tell my mom and dad about it. I still do the same with my grandmother and she's been gone since 1995. We have an answering machine tape with my dad's voice on it, but I have never listened to it.

Ok here is my personal loss lowdown so to speak...spring has never meant the rebirth of life to me..more like the death of life for me as I always have a sense of dread (who's going to be next? :( I never knew my mom's mom because she passed away when I was only 6 mos old. My dad's parents lived here but I lost them two days apart when I was just 6. Most of all my relatives that I have ever been close too/loved/cherished have passed away in early or late springtime. I feel my Dad 'visits' from time to time still, especially when I truly am in need of comfort. My Dad's passing was extremely difficult for our entire family made even more horrific by not only the pancreatic cancer that finally took him from this earth BUT there were so many tragic circumstances leading up to his death that the grieving process for me I feel just recently ended. He has been gone for 14 years and I would give anything for just one more day. Thanks for allowing me to share here with all of you.

boopell   

raspberrywolf--

When my dad passed, the funeral home gave us laminated cards with the most beautiful verse. I still read it from time to time and think of those we've lost. It actually makes me feel better because I believe it to be true.

I found this shorter version on the internet:

I Am Not There...

Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush,

I am the swift uplifting rush

of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry.

I am not there; I did not die.