Sign in to follow this  
Rich From PA

New CD?

AJ   

I just checked over on RYKODISC's site - they post news on all their upcoming releases - No mention of this CD, or anything by RASPBERRIES or ERIC CARMEN. Do they possibly mean RPM Records (UK)? They have released the Raspberries debut on CD. It's $18.98 US.

marlene   

This sounds SO EXCITING....but I'm holding onto some kind of composure until Bernie or Eric confirms this is IT ! (THEN I'm going to go wild... :D )

Kirk   

As soon as Eric has settled on a producer for his new album, I'm sure he'll get back to answering this ;) Kirk.

i think this could be it,i hope everyone is prepared and ready!! i know i am!!! i've been waiting for this for 30 years plus,i'll be first in line in canton,ohio!!! lol,chris

darlene   

I'm excited too, because I'm sure something's coming out, but since this appears on a "Raspberries" page on Amazon, along with other old releases, it may be a re-release of older stuff a la "Raspberries Greatest." I can't help thinking that a NEW cd and dvd would have a catchy "we're back!" type title, like "Raspberries Returns!" or "Raspberries Live--In Concert!" Maybe the RAV 4 will sponsor a contest to name the new album and win a Raspberry colored Range Rover. I'm up for that!

I HOPE it's new. Just seeing a new Raspberries cd and dvd listed for release supposedly on August 14, 2006 on Rykodisc excites me to no end. Now I'm dying to know for sure! And when will it be available in the US? *Somebody's* got to know...

Where's Marvin when you need him? ;)

:) --Darlene

darlene   

I just read the Summer/cd thread entries of 7/29 and I amend my above post. It's lookin' GOOOOOOD...

Now I can REALLY get over-the-moon excited!

:) --Darlene

It sure looks tempting... but I remember just a few years ago when that Raspberries CD was coming out with the demos and all... and it was scheduled at BMG and a couple of other places... and then disaster struck...

I'll believe it when Eric says it... and I got my credit card ready!

JohnO   

Hasn't it struck anyone as a bit odd that the CD/DVD and CD aren't on Amazon.com, just the UK site?....and neither item is listed as an Import there? Are they being released in the UK first? (if so, that doesn't make too much sense.......)

The fact that Rykodisc doesn't list it on their site also looks a little funny if it's really being released on 8/14......

It now lists a Raspberries CD (no "+ DVD") as well which is available to pre-order, priced at £11.99 and with a release date of August 14!

The one with the DVD has a different catalog number and is listed as not currently available with "limited availability". So looks like the DVD may be an "ultimate fan pack" type special to start with?

Question is, should we pre-order it now or is it best to wait for the EC.Com announcement? Bernie?

marlene   

Just my opinion...and I'm as anxious for this as ANYbody, but I trust Bernie and Eric will let us know about any "special" fan packages and how and when we can order...they KNOW how much we're all looking forward to this !! :):)

I know various cool things are in the works -- and every fan (myself included) will be THRILLED when they are officially announced! Outside of that, I have no other info on what, when or where said coolness will be available. I'd suggest you keep checking this website for updates.

Bernie

Margaret   

Amen Bernie! How could we expect anything but a true labor of love from Eric and the 'Berries? As hard as it is to wait through a long, hot, Raspberry concert-less summer, the result will be something that I know I will treasure forever! Imagine getting to listen to Raspberries "live" whenever you want!! Just think of how easy Christmas shopping will be this year! :)

AnneG   

Well, I just had a nice healthy dose of Raspberries ---took stereo out by pool and had a "private" concert (well, me and neighbors!). Sure does help the waiting, and also beats the heat!

Anne

Ecstasy   

If Eric attempted to give us advanced notice of trying to set up a concert then I have complete faith that he'll tell us what we need to know about the CD/DVD when the time is right.