Sign in to follow this  
tgp

Be My Baby

tgp   

Eric: Everyone always seems to talk about "The Loco-motion" but I always enjoyed "Be My Baby" quite a bit more. Any thoughts on the choice to cover that song. And have you ever heard John Lennon's amazing full-length version? (Not the one on Anthology but the one that includes the second verse..."I'll make you happy baby...").

To dovetail this question, I wonder how you choose which songs to cover on that rare instance when you're not doing your own material. Is it simply a matter of liking the song or admiring the writer/artist who created it? Or do you look for something that's "in your wheelhouse" and take a crack at it?

susana   

I know everyone wants to hear from Eric on this before anyone else, but give me two glasses of - ahem - grape juice at the end of a long day and I can't sit quietly by...

One of my favorite live music moments to this day was the 'Berries in 1973...front row center, slightly house left...and "Be My Baby" and "The Loco-Motion" back to back. A little slice of pop music heaven. Oh, that more of us here had the chance to hear that slice of pop music heaven!

*susana*

off to slumberland...taxes on the morrow...and then hopefully some on line play time

MAM   

In our band, during the dance set, we do a medley of Be My Baby, Please Mr. Postman, and Breaking Up Is Hard To Do. The dancers are ready for a BIG drink when we're done with the song. :D