Sign in to follow this  
Ecstasy Band

Next Rasberries Concert

I was very lucky to see the band of my dreams perform after believing that I had missed them for good. Even after all of the years between they where better than I had ever dreamed of. I was a VIP in NYC and a VIP at the HOB in Hollywood. But is the magic over. Will the guys perform again? I haven't been able to find anything about any future Raspberries Concerts. I would be in the front of the line, first one in, like I was in NYC and HOB. There is no better band on Earth. Can anyone help me?

darlene   

The magic isn't *over,* it's just beginning! Have you ever heard the saying, "Life is a journey, not a destination?" That's so true. Would even we dyed-in-the-wool Razz and Eric fans have been as appreciative if everything had come up roses? I think not.

Weeds come up so we appreciate the flowers more. I see so many violinists who want to get there in five minutes and audition for Juilliard, but they aren't enjoying the journey. I just love to play and get excited when I play a concerto I couldn't have played five years ago or even a year ago.

Enjoy what's happening now, and when things really go wild, you will have enjoyed all of it, the journey as well as the destination. Life is little moments, not just doing nothing waiting around for the big one.

As Anne put it so well, "Have patience, little grasshopper."

:) --Darlene

ira   

"Dreams are nothing more than wishes,And a dream is just a wish,You wish would come true." (Harry Nilsson-"The Puppy Song").Those concerts were something I will carry with me-and bore my children with-for the rest of my life. More concerts would just be-I can't even find the words.-Ira.

marlene   
ira said:

More concerts would just be-I can't even find the words.-Ira.

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious ??

Just teasing...more concerts would be amazing, fantastic, and wonderful !!

Gee, I don't want to sound like an ingrate, but I have never cared as much for a band as I have for the Rapberries. The name Ecstasy Band came from my naming my band back in 1979 "Ecstasy" after the song. 10 years later the drug Ecstasy would hit the streets so placing the word "Band" became necessary. After touring California with that band for 24 years, I never dreamed the group that had inspired me so much would even consider a reunion concert. I am very happy to have been a part of their history, and if they never perform ever again I can look back at a dream come true. Still, I have that part of me that can't wait. Patience, little grasshopper is not one of my best attributes. But patience I will have along with the hope of more concerts to come. The only thing that would ever top it all would be for the guys to let me set in with them. Now thats a dream come true.

aggiesjc   

Ecstasy Band, I'm also very happy to have been part of their history, and am grateful for the five shows I was able to see. If they never perform together again, I'll always have that.

darlene   

But they WILL! I think it's ultra-cool that you named your band after "Ecstacy"! That's quite a tribute. It's amazing how people who really "got it" were so profoundly affected by this band in the few short years they were together. That's why it isn't over yet. :)

:) --D

MikeC   

I was always surprised that people saw so many shows, in one year. I was here, this past Fall, so I missed alot. But, could it be? Do I hear music drifting through my imagination? Is it The Raspberries? Well, dreaming about it is well worth thinking about it.