Sign in to follow this  
Steeler Deb

Please Come To Pittsburgh

Eric,

Since you answered Sherberries plea for a LA concert, I am asking you for one in Pittsburgh or the surrounding area!

I have been a fan of yours and the Berries for as long as I have been a Steeler fan.

I never had the opportunity to see you or the Berries in a concert. When you had the 2004-05 reunion, I had not even heard of it until I became a member of the board. I think I may be the only member of this board who has never seen you perform live.

I think you like it here in Pittsburgh or in the surrounding area during the summer. The weather is beautiful. It is like living in paradise. We have many great concert halls, just ask Huey, Hall & Oates, Nickelback, Chicago, Eric Burdon, Pat Methany, John Mellencamp, The Clarks, Donnie Iris. You get the hint.

One thing I forgot to mention. Everyone one of the concerts listed above were sold out!

Other sold out shows I forgot to list were Kenny Chesney, Bon Jovi, (they are coming back to Pittsburgh in March).

So why not come to Pittsburgh?

darlene   

I love the Pittsburgh area. I used to play at Seven Springs Resort in Champion, PA, near Pittsburgh, actually near Johnstown. Great area, BEAUTIFUL scenery. I LOVED Seven Springs because it was up in the mountains. Their motto was "To Live Again" in German, and that I did there. I was totally rejuvenated after spending almost a week there around July 4th!

It would be great to see Raspberries in that area!

:) --Darlene

Yeah... I've been to Seven Springs...I dated in girl from Fox Chaple...My best friend lives in Cranberry...The Steelers stink.If you're not from Cleveland...you probably don't understand.

sllvnbil   

I played the Seven Springs Resort w Gary Lewis a few years back! I used to play in Pittsburg on a regular basis in the late 70's early 80's. Places like the Decade and Mancini's.

Seven Springs is a great place! This past summer Bob Nuttings purchased it, and he brought in a lot of bands.

Everyone that I know that has been there had great things to say about Seven Springs. It is just a fabulous place!

There is Grey Rocks Amphitheater for outdoor concerts and a concert hall indoors.

Eric,

After reading all of these great reviews about Friday's concert, I am asking you again to please consider playing either in Pittsburgh or Seven Springs this coming summer.

Bon Jovi is playing at Mellon Arena in March and it is just about sold out. This is the second time in less than a year that Bon Jovi has come here.

Seven Springs is also close to Jim's hometown of Windber.

Sincerely,

Deborah

darlene   

We went through Oil City when we drove to Cleveland and I remembered that Dave was born there. It was so cool to drive through it. Now I have to go to Windber. And..Gastonia, North Carolina, where Wally came from.

:) --Darlene

Adolph Dupre was the founder of this resort back in 1932. It remained in the family until the summer of 2006 when the Dupre family sold it to Robert Nuttings.

Seven Springs has always been known as a ski resort. During this past year, Robert Nuttings expanded the business and brought in a lot of quality bands (he is a big music fan).

I don't know what else to say other than it just a gorgeous place to spend time there. Everything you need is there, rooms, restaurants, entertainment, and there is no charge for parking.

Oh yeah, the Chocolatefest is coming in September!

Hollies,

I do not appreciate the way you beat up on my home.

You do not have to like the Steelers or the Pirates or the Penguins or any other sports team from the area to enjoy Pittsburgh and its surroundings.

Have I ever beat up the Browns and Cleveland in any of these threads?

All I am asking for is Raspberries to consider playing near my home town.

It would be a dream of a lifetime if they did!

LC   

Yeah, Hollies65! Lay off Pittsburgh! It's a cool city. I lived there in high school and wouldn't have traded the experience for anything.... I do think it would be a good place for a Raspberries show....

(Deborah, the Steelers have traditionally beat up on the Bengals, so our good friend Hollies65 -- who's always digging up cool YouTubes -- might just have a little of that Bengals inferiority complex... :) )

marvin   

I don't mean this as a knock against Pittsburgh, but why would the band play what is essentially a non-major music market? Recent shows in LA and NYK have been tough sells for the band, so using this as a yardstick, Pittsburgh would not seem like a logical place.

LC said:

Yeah, Hollies65! Lay off Pittsburgh! It's a cool city. I lived there in high school and wouldn't have traded the experience for anything.... I do think it would be a good place for a Raspberries show....

(Deborah, the Steelers have traditionally beat up on the Bengals, so our good friend Hollies65 -- who's always digging up cool YouTubes -- might just have a little of that Bengals inferiority complex... :) )

Ditto on that, LC. I lived in Brentwood, Pa., just outside of Pittsburgh, from 1968-70 and I loved that place.

Pete Hewlett, of the Eric Carmen-produced Euclid Beach Band, lives there.

And don't forget that two members of Raspberries, Dave Smalley and Jim Bonfanti, were both born in the great state of Pennsylvania.

Sorry, but I have to defend a city where I still have friends.

Don :)

Uhh....To all who have been offended by my jabs at Pittsburgh because of my hatred of The Steelers...Lighten up...it's a joke. My God PA STEELER FAN...Do you relalize what your moniker is?? What your location says. OH yeah...The Steelers stink.