Sign in to follow this  
Raspbernie

ASK ERIC Goes Live!

blackhawkpat said:

Welcome aboard, Eric! Should be alot of fun......

(Watch him clean up in Tommy's "Name That TUNE" contest........)

I wouldn't bet money against JohnO ( and his Google- ability). But I welcome the oppor-TUNE-ity to award the big guy some points.By the way rumor has it that the TNTT thread is the reason Eric is going to become more active.(I started the rumor.)

Note to Eric:

You may have to brush up on your New Wave to be real competitive on TNTT although I doubt if anyone can keep up with you on my British Invasion TUNES.

Lastly:

Welcome to another poster who will definitely be edited less than me.

Razzy   

Welcome Eric, even though you've always been here. Jeff and I can't wait to see another show in 2006. Looking forward to some of your insights on your music, Raspberries, and life.

Paula and Jeff

stringer   

What a great thing to do Eric. To me, that's about the highest form of respect you could give to your fans and friends. I (along with others) really appreciate it. Looking forward to it.

:):):)

mannoman   

Wow! This was the original reason I came to this site Eric - to 'hear it from your lips.' (sheesh that's an awful pun) but you get the idea.

We want to know your music as YOU 'saw/heard' it. What worked, what didn't, if you had a "do over" which ones would you do over and how would it/they be different?

Speaking of different - The version of "I wanna Be With You" performed for VH-1 was magnificent. Have you guys considered recording other Raspberies songs similarly, i.e. enough to fill a CD (wink, wink - nudge, nudge).

That's enough for now. Thanks for making yourself available. We, all, await your participation.

James   

Ahem....

....Mr. Carmen, I swear I was only KIDDING when I said Flo from the sitcom "Alice" should play you in an upcoming Raspberries movie...

...it was that troublemaker DARLENE who egged me on. Though she's a favorite of mine, I don't like how she's ALWAYS posting negative things about you..

:cool:

James   

P.S. It will be a privilege to read your musings on various topics in the days to come. And thank you for your music, it's been special to me for the last 30 or so years.

This is absolutely fantastic. I've never heard of an artist being this gracious and genuine. I'll have to stop 'lurking' and actually login. I don't contribute much to the board, but I'm always around. Like my nine year-old daughter says, "Daddy, you sound so quiet"

Thank you for joining us, Eric.

Kia ora Greetings from New Zealand Eric it's awesome to see that you want to be at the grassroots of things with your many loyal fans.I'm sure you will get as much fun and enjoyment out of it as we all do.

Eric -- how's Memorial Day weekend for a Scarlet Fever reunion? Angelo and Kenny told me to make it happen. Let's check with Marty. No need to book a concert, just another rehearsal! Let's do it!

Love,

Karen

kazumi   

This is very exciting news, indeed. Welcome to the greatest message board in the world, Eric. I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

Kazumi :):cool:

I will make a prediction...Eric FINALLY going on line???...there has to be a good EC reason for the timing....Eric will drop a bomb sometime in the near future...he will go on-line to announce intentions to either:

a) Do a solo mini-tour

b) Release a CD/DVD of the Berries LIVE

c) Create a stir to inpire him to release hidden solo treasures

d) All of the above

It'll be great to see him give his 2 cents, but I feel he will use the venue to give the fans a great big huge surprise...that's my call...

bahooey

marlene   
bahoodore said:

a) Do a solo mini-tour

b) Release a CD/DVD of the Berries LIVE

c) Create a stir to inpire him to release hidden solo treasures

d) all of the above

Ah....Bahoo....LOVE your "predictions"...and I hope you're right about any or ALL of them !

I'm keeping my fingers crossed ! :lol:

marlene   

So, Bernie...how's this LIVE version of "Ask Eric" going to work ?? I know I have at least a million questions..and I'd venture to guess everyone else has, too....will there be a special section or category...or do we just "fire away"...? ;):)

I'm not sure yet, Marlene. I'm going along for the ride, too. The past couple of days Eric has been logging in and checking things out. Once he starts posting we'll all find out together :)

Bernie

darlene   

Bahoo, LOVE your predictions, and love YOU for making them! I truly hope so. I have been "feeling" like something's happening for a long time--since the VH-1 Classic thing, but didn't know what. I mentioned this to Kath several times, but didn't really *want* to know until something officially happened.

I'll just enjoy feeling this undercurrent of "thrill" till I find out what it is! All the news from the media, the reviews etc., have been very exciting. Eric coming online is yet another intriguing piece in this whirlwind mosaic! There has *never* been a better time to be an Eric Carmen or Raspberries fan! :):):)

:) --Darlene

darlene   

Tony, Don't worry--at this stage of the game, your wife can't run as quickly as you can at all--so you can dash up to the computer before she can get there. :)

Besides, you're catching up to my number of posts. My goal is for you to pass me!

You can't slack off now, when an Eric post is just around the corner...

:) --Darlene

aggiesjc   

What a development! I took a week off from the board (pressing work deadlines) and now check back to find Eric is posting after all these years. Amazing!

Ecstasy   

How phenomenal is this!!! Treating us more like friends than fans --- what a gracious and gentlemanly thing to do for us, Eric. Thank you so much for this. Looking forward to getting to know you better.<smile>