Sign in to follow this  
HT from Mo

Hard To Get Over A Heartbreak

James said:

As a kid I didn't much care for "With You In My Life" but now I think it's one of the group's best songs....great vocals and a lot of stuff going on with the instruments. And I guess "Come Around And See Me" is similar in this vain.

LOL I have to laugh, don't know why, but I ALWAYS loved *With You In My Life*, back when I was growing up..thought it showed a tender side to Wally, which endeared him even more to me...but I agree, it is a fairly simple song, not necessarily Wally's best (IMHO) ;) I also agree, all the elements of each member together, even when considering songs that were written JUST by Dave, or JUST by Wally, or co-written by Eric and Dave, or Eric and Wally..or Eric and Scott...that's what made the Raspberries special.

I love just about ALL of their songs! I love that I Can Hardly Believe You're Mine was brought up...that song totally blew me away the first time I heard it, I LOVE it! I had these visions of Eric and Scott (mainly focused on Eric at the time lol!) writing it, inspired by a new all-encompassing love, just to find out later on, via the liner notes on the Greatest Hits CD, that alas, it was just a song that Eric and Scott wrote to try and capture that feeling...LOL! :) I've always appreciated Dave's songs (and think he's a sweetie!), and Wally's, besides Eric's...but agree that Eric was the genius of the band, song-writing wise ;)

I just can't wait for the special limited edition DVD/CD set to come out...put my order in and can't wait for spring! :)

PA Steeler Fan said:

I just wanted to take a few minutes to let you how much I have enjoyed your music over the years. For me, it is timeless.

I have to echo that! :wub: Wow, being a *newbie* to this board, I didn't know that Eric actually personally posts on it from time to time...too cool! :lol: Just want to share...I had the honor of FINALLY seeing the Raspberries live, for the reunion concert back in '04 at the HOB, and it was one of THE most AWESOME concerts ever! I was blown away from just the (going down memory lane!) opening montage/video..but couldn't believe, I was getting to hear just about EVERY song, from the first 3 LP's (not every song from Starting Over LP, I'm pretty sure) ~ wow ~ I was on Cloud Nine for quite some time after! Thanks Eric for all the special memories, and for the music! And thanks to Wally, Jim, Dave, Scott, and Mike too ;) You guys rock!!

Welcome, Luvthem! If you love Raspberries, this is the place to be! :wacko:

Either that or I've got a hangover from last night. Nah, can't be a hangover. All I drank was Diet Raspberry Snapple and I was in bed by 11:30 pm!

Welcome Luvthemraspberries! Hope that you will have a wonderful and fun time here! I know that I do. It is truly a blessing that Eric posts from time to time and we all enjoy his responses. This gives us a glimpse into how things have really changed over the course of his long career(keep going by the way Eric!) :wub:

HT from Mo