Sign in to follow this  
Prof. Simon C. Li

Hot Summer Is Coming! Where's The New CD?

Cozmik   

Wait, I'm confused.

We knew the Live in L.A. CD was being worked on but I didn't think that show was filmed.

So are we getting a DVD or CD?

<drooling for either>

eric,i hope your not too tired of us asking u that..we really mean no harm..just some fans/friends who need a good fix of raspberries music..after all,it has been a long wait ESPECIALLY for the ones who could'nt see your reunion gigs!!! i know there's certain details u can't go into..we know that..have the four of u gotten together to listen to any of the stuff?? if that's too personal of a question,i apologise..lol,chris

AnniekNY   

I have to apologise to everybody who is waiting for the DVD...it's actually MY fan interview footage that is holding up the entire project :lol:

Just trying to color-correct for all my different hair highlights and low lights PLUS trying to synch up my lips moving to the actual music...sheesh...sorry! :)

GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!!!

Jeff, I think I remember talk about a dvd at the first show because there was a film crew interviewing fans (hence the above lame joke) about how important the Raspberries are to us.

darlene   

Annie, you're right. I remember being interviewed on a raspberry colored sofa and feeling honored to express what Raspberries meant to me. I don't know if that's the DVD they're speaking of now, though.

It sounds like great things are in the works!

:) --Darlene

me too!!! darlene and annie..your gonna be stars and ya do'nt even know it!!! do'nt forget the little people when u make it big!!! i hope all goes well eric on both a cd or dvd...lol,chris

Eric, is this going to be released via a major label? I would think Rhino would be the way to go. I don't think I've ever been let down by anything that Rhino have released. Currently, they're about to embark on a huge 40th anniversary rerelease campaign for The Monkees albums, and Robert Plant is releaseing a box set of all his solo work.

BTW, my previous post was a joke, since the ongoing question has been "Where's the DVD/CD?" LOL

Jeff

Muzza   

This little ol' Kiwi Muzza here is working out when Fall is.... To us that's Autumn and that means here it will be Spring... Hey that's almost here... Maybe not long to wait huh??? :):) I mean the lambs are already arriving.

Muzza being patient. :lol::cool:

AnniekNY   

Thank you, Chris, dahlink...Darlene and I will never leave the little people that have put us on a pedestal :P:P:lol::lol:

I think the idea of the interviews was to put clips here and there as punctuation, if you will.

Build up to the actual concert....

darlene   

Annie, I don't know about you, but just sitting on that raspberry sofa and getting the chance to explain the miracle known as Raspberries was enough to make me feel like a star.

I'm a terrible salesman unless I really believe in something. I would never have trouble selling string playing, Raspberries and Eric Carmen music and Tupperware (which I did sell!). I was in clover during that interview.

:) --Dar

Hey Darlene!,

"I was Born to Love You" was put out by a subsidiary label of Rhino's called Pyramid records. I don't think that it's around anymore since I haven't seen anymore releases from them since they released Eric's album. They had previously released a new Doobie Brothers album in 2000 that received about the same amount of promotion that Eric got (meaning nothing).

Rhino did rerelease Eric's debut solo album in 1992. They must have done some kind of promotion for that if I'm not mistaken. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have known about it...

I called the label and asked if they had any plans to rerelease the rest of Eric's catalog, and theie response was "not at this time...

Maybe Eric can shed some light on why they were never released. I'd buy them all over again (I purchased the Japanese imports)especially if bonus tracks were added!

Jeff

darlene   

Jeff, That's right, it was Pyramid. I knew Rhino figured in there somewhere, though. I'm sure Eric's catalog will get re-released. And, to paraphrase Arista's Linda Lewis from the '70s, "This time it'll be sweeter."

:) --Darlene

Peachie   

Can't wait...yes I can...no I can't...yes I can...missed the shows...came on board too late...kicking myself...sigh. Can't wait to see what is coming! Ah, antisipation... :)

AnniekNY   

Darlene, I was interviewed in the lobby and it was really funny...I was so excited to be interviewed (someone pointed out I was the Ribbon Lady) but distracted by hearing voices behind me that were indicating the arrivals of boarders I hadn't met yet!!!!!