Sign in to follow this  
Travis

Live CD

Bill C   

You need the CD! You need the liner notes! You need the cool pictures and lyrics! You need something to hold onto! MP3 is a great format so you can move around music you have purchased to a more convenient source, but I want something I can hold for my money!

My opinion (that everyone should agree with) only.

Bill :)

Cozmik said:

Because those of us with discerning ears can tell mp3's sound like dog crap. They're ok for putting on a portable player. But I want something more permanant than a computer file when I buy music. And when I play it through my expensive home theater system, I want the best quality technology makes available not a lossy format that has a lower sampling rate than CD's and cuts off data because its decided that we don't need certain frequencies.

If not for pops, scratches and the fact that every time you play a vinyl record it destroys them a little bit, I'd happily go back to vinyl. I miss the days of 12" square (or raspberry-shaped) covers and artwork that was big enough to be noticed.

BINGO! That's what I've been trying to tell anyone that'll listen. I've downloaded a few songs off of iTunes and when I compile a CD using songs from my CD collection, as well as ones I've downloaded I can immeidiatly tell the difference. I've burned songs from vinyl that sound better then downloaded ones...

Jeff

sterling   

Its Cold Outside is how I first really became aware of the Berries. 3 years ago I wanted to do some research into Cleveland Rock n Roll after seeing Sonny Geraci. I got into several sites that all they talked about was The Choir and their signature song that was so successful called "Its Cold Outside". I worked at if for awhile until I finally found a site that had the song available (Esquire Records). I loved the song and never heard it back in 1967 since I lived in Illinois. It was like finding a lost gem in your attic. Hard to describe. I have only been to three Berries concerts but they sang it at all three times. What a great song!

Phil

Kirk   

Well, it would have been appropriate for that October day in Hollywood. It was cloudy and cooler than usual in SoCal on concert day. I think it was only about 60 or so. Brrrrr. Kirk.

mellie   
Kirk said:

... I think it was only about 60 or so. Brrrrr. Kirk.

:lol::lol::lol: and I thought it was HOT...that's summer weather - perfect for fishing!

I have to agree with Tony - it would have been great to hear "It's Cold Outside" live and in-person. I hope they include it in all of their future setlists.

Kirk   

The following day there was a review of the raincoat incident in the Hollywood Reporter. It was confirmed that the nickname "Tiny Castnill" was indeed appropriate. No arrests were made because they couldn't find the evidence :D Kirk.

JohnO   

Tony - You sure it wasn't Santa Monica Blvd, with you standing there next to Eddie Murphy, looking for, let's say, a different kind of love.....?

JohnO   

One of the more memorable comments I heard at the LA HOB show was uttered by a rather fey and wan looking gentleman, who was admiring and commenting about Eric's vest that he was wearing on stage. His companion said something to him that I couldn't hear, to which he replied loudly - "Hey, I can still look, can't I? After all, this IS West Hollywood!"

popdude   
JohnO said:

One of the more memorable comments I heard at the LA HOB show was uttered by a rather fey and wan looking gentleman, who was admiring and commenting about Eric's vest that he was wearing on stage. His companion said something to him that I couldn't hear, to which he replied loudly - "Hey, I can still look, can't I? After all, this IS West Hollywood!"

JohnO, did you introduce yourself to Cartmill after you heard him utter that line? :lol::lol:

JohnO   

"JohnO, did you introduce yourself to Cartmill after you heard him utter that line?"

Shockingly, while I don't believe it actually was Tony....I think Eric would have tried to strangle this guy as well, if he had the chance. Funny how quite a few of us found out exactly what TC looked like through the photo session, when Eric exclaimed "You're Tony Cartmill???"....and proceeded to strangle him!

MikeC   

I can't wait. Anything the band does is Exciting!!

I was at the L.A. show. Can I say I'm "in bliss?"

By the way, Wally mentioned, during the show, that he lived down the street, nearby, long ago. There were alot of people, down on the floor. Some of you might wonder, "Why?" some of us weren't moving. Well, for me, I had an autographed photo in my hand. Plus, people kept coming down to the floor level, now-and-then. It became like a sardine can-Cozy. And, I was pushed quite a bit from behind and at the top of my shoulders. It reminded me of my Ice-Hockey days, when I played defenseman, winger and forward. If I started to move around alot more, everyone would be getting alot of elbows.

Trindy   

While I am deeply disappointed that no show I personally attended--and nothing from Cleveland--will be represented on this CD, I also will be happy to see ANYTHING released.

Please, let's not make the perfect the enemy of the good.