Sign in to follow this  
Sharon

Saying Hello

Sharon   

Hi, Everyone. I just stopped by to say Hello. I haven't visited in quite a while. Just to bring everyone up to speed, my son's story is soon to be published. For those of you who don't know me or don't remember, my son, Sean, found this terrific website for me virtually at it's birth. He knew what a long time fan of Eric's I was. Sadly, my only son passed away on my birthday, October 12, 1999. He was only twenty-nine years old. I got so many wonderful e-mails of condolence after he died from Eric's fans. You cannot imagine how much it meant to me that those of you who wrote thought enough to take the time. I am hoping that Sean's story will allow those parents in similar situations to know that they are not alone and that there is a way to deal with the most horrific pain you never want to imagine. Hug your children a little tighter and a little longer each time for those of us who can no longer hold ours. Bernie, you have done a beautiful job as webmaster. Keep up the good work. I really will visit more often. Love to all of you. Sharon N. Aycock, Baton Rouge, LA.

mannoman   

Hi Sharon,

I was not aware of your loss but know, first hand, the pain of losing a child. My youngest stepson died two years ago at he age of 20 (leukemia). From diagnosis to his passing was less that 60 days. My wife still has bad days - understandable.

As an aside, we lived in Baton Rouge from Feb 1994 till June 1996. We loved LA.

Don't be a stranger to the board. It's like 'family' here.

Ted

Kirk   

Sharon--I hope it's getting a little easier with each passing day. Good to hear from you, again. Take care--Kirk.