Sign in to follow this  
steven

Another New Member

steven   

It looks like I'm part of a trend of new people signing on to the Board. I've been reading along for awhile and enjoying it thoroughly. Thanks. Also, thanks to Bernie for helping me get on as I had some start-up difficulties.

I loved the Raspberries when I first heard Go All The Way on the radio in 1972. I was 10. Never did get to see them until the first show at BB King's this summer.

I did see Eric during his tour for his first album at St. John's University in New York. He was great. I've seen hundreds of shows and this is the one I remember as being the best. I remember that he not only sounded great, but that he and his band were funny. I remember being struck by the contrast between the skinny Eric and the rather heavy-set gentlemen he had on the stage with him. (Artful Dodger opened the show and they were quite good as well).

I also got to see Wally in Fotomaker around the time of their first album. They were the opening band in a cheap ticket show at the Palladium in New York. Van Halen, whose first album also just came out, was the second group on. The Irish band, Horslips, was the headliner. Fotomaker was pretty good (they never had the songs of the Raspberries); I enjoyed Horslips too (although most of the audience left after Van Halen); couldn't stand Van Halen then or now.

Thanks for letting me join and for having such a great site and message board.

Steven

darlene   

A hundred welcomes to you, Steven!!!! You'll love the board. Everything EC and Raspberries!!! There's no better place to be! Great first post!

Have lotsa fun.

:) --Darlene

Steven,

Fotomaker may not have had a lot of hits but they did have "Where Have You been All My life," which is worth four or five of 'em in my book. Welcome to the board!

Bernie

steven   

I agree, Where Have You Been All My Life was an awfully good song. I liked a couple of others from the first Fotomaker album - Two Can Make It Work, Say The Same For You - but didn't think they were on par with good Raspberries songs. I didn't think that the second album had much going for it and I gave up by the time of the third.

I was disappointed that Wally didn't write more of the group's material.

Kirk   

Hi Steven--On that tour to support his first solo album, Eric and his band were very tight and certainly enjoying themselves when I saw them. I believe the gentleman next to Eric was Rich Reising. They were good at amusing each other. Welcome aboard--Kirk.