Sign in to follow this  
Lawyer fan

Any Word On A Raspberries DVD?

marlene   

Lawyer fan..you're right. You're not alone. I'm hoping and wishing and praying AND crossing my fingers. What a fabulous holiday present THAT would be, huh ? :)

MikeC   

Nothing that I've heard on that. If they do, I'm wondering whether or not they are including songs from different concerts that they've done. Also, I think it's good to have some commentary, written onscreen when you see it, before and/or after songs or the whole concert. And, maybe with interviews backstage telling stories with the band members telling stories about each other, or things they've learned, through the years, about the music business and the changes they've seen. I realize that it's a good time to start on this, since we'll all be shopping during the holidays.

smittie   

I would really love to have a DVD that contained the opening video, the interviews with the fans at the first show, and all of the downloads that Bernie has provided for his pre-ordering customers. I would also love to see "It's Cold Outside." The DVD could be a collection of highlights from the shows that were recorded. No need for perfection here. Please guys, just give us something that we can always keep as a reminder of this incredible year!

darlene   

Just because there haven't been plans for a DVD "yet" doesn't mean there won't be one. I'm sure they're working on it as we speak.

They said from the beginning that everything would be done in baby steps. I believe as soon as the DVD looks great to everyone in the band, they'll put it out.

:) --Darlene

Billy K, save your money...by the time the "DVD" finally comes out, DVD players will probably be with our old 8 track machines and Betamax players...

...sorry to say, I've almost given up any hope of ever seeing it. They'd have done it by now!

darlene   

Oh, Harry, it's so unlike you to give up! When nothing stood in their way to reunite, why would you think a silly little DVD would be an impossibility?

Nope, it's comin'. Just a little more slowly than we expected. I'm praying for a catalyst. (Bernie, is your middle name, by any chance, "Catalyst?"!)

darlene   

Marco57, A hundred welcomes to you! You've found us! What great luck! You will love this place! And it's the perfect time to discover it--so much is happening now! Have fun!

darlene   

They have enough spectacular footage from every show and miles and miles of spectacular music, that all they have to do is just take the very best from all the best shows, make one DVD out of it and put it out there. They even have enough spectacular FAN footage--NOBODY is more into any concert than THEIR FANS have been!

I'm always patient, and I do believe in putting the very best you have out there, and I know it takes time. With such luminaries as JonBonJovi, Bruce, Little Steven and Paul Stanley into the Berries, NOW is definitely the time to do it.

"Strike while the iron is hot," and all that. Choosing the really brilliant moments to put into it is important, but I hope they get it out there fairly soon, because now is the time to create a buzz. Agonizing too long over what to put on it will sabotage the momentum. They don't realize how much EVERYTHING they did sparkles. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it has to get out there.

darlene said:

They even have enough spectacular FAN footage NOBODY is more into any concert than THEIR FANS have been!

Including a shot of Darlene in the front row trying to get Jim to miss a beat by flashing her classically trained boobies?

:D

darlene   

Tony, you must be feeling totally deprived without the Cleveland Cuties to come up with that one!

Face it, you're an old man now, about to become a father. No more romps in the altogether with the young girls. How sad! Aunt Antonietta is gonna fly in from Sicily and hit you on the head with a couple of anchovy pizzas! angry

Linda   

I think a 3 dvd "set" of the first three reunion shows should be done with the opening video and I think it should be titled "Raspberries Triple Play"---best Xmas present I could think of next to another show here in Chicago!!!!!!

Linda