Sign in to follow this  
Ellece

What about a chat room?

Ellece   

Hi all,

I'm wondering something.. has there ever been discussion here of a chat room for EC fans? Admittedly I haven't dug backwards into old threads to check, but it's crossed my mind since I joined this great site. I'm not a fan of big, public chat rooms like the ones AOL or MSN have, but private sites like this one that have chat rooms are really a lot of fun.

Just curious.. spin

• Like 1

JuliaD   

I have my own chatroom, and only a handful of people know about it, I've posted here in the past that Eric fans are welcome to use it... it's nothing fancy, and you don't have to only talk about Eric, as long as people who go there are respectful of each other, I'm happy... the best thing to do is schedule a time for a chat, there is rarely someone in that room "just waiting" to chat... but feel free to use it smile

click here to chat

• Like 1

JuliaD   

While I like this board, and some others I go to, no, I don't think it's "like a chat room"... this is fun, but live chats are more spontaneous and interactive, I've had a lot of fun in some chatrooms over the years I've been online... I agree with Ellece tho, you do have to be careful where you go, some of them are just totally juvenile or totally disgusting... "so, what are you wearing?"... lol :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Ellece   

You are quite right, Julia.. big, crowded chat rooms can be so bizarre. The first chat room I ever went to, though, is at a members-only musician's site much like this one, where the regular members all know each other and are very comfortable with one another, so it spoiled me as far as chat rooms go. After I tried to go to a public chat room, I was freaked out, heh. I know what you mean, Darlene.. the same members post here, so in a sense there is an interactive "chatty" feeling, yes. I just find chatting with people I have things in common with, in real time, to be a lot of fun.

Thanks for sharing your link to your chat room, Julia! Maybe that could work for us EC fans! happy

• Like 1

We already have one, and Bernie Hogya checked on it a few months ago. A few years ago, the crowd got together and had FUN, joked around, talked music.

Seems like nobody wants to chat anymore live. Just post. Everytime I go there, nobody's around.

Let's all get together and talk Raspberries, EC's music, and no politics, complaints, or anything else.

I'll do the dishes and clean the room. Promise.

Somebody set a date and time, please. Beats a boring Saturday night, maybe.

• Like 1

This is odd. The point you click on to enter the chat room cannot be found.

Bernie, did you remove it or something? :(

Ah, for the good old days...

• Like 1

Not enough people in the Chat Room to warrant what I had to pay to keep it up, so had to close it down.

Bernie

• Like 1

More bandwidth! (Eric please come back, BTW).  More talk about Eric and Raspberries. Maybe fewer obituaries.

You, Sir, are a genius! :smart:

• Like 1