Sign in to follow this  
footdr1

Longtime Forum Lurker

footdr1   

to everyone I met in ac,thanks for the gracious welcome.In agreement with previous comments,not to sound hokey,no doubt this in top few concerts of life.Although I overindulged in a dormitory pre-concert party and missed my chance to see them one weekend when they were playing at a northern Virgina high school,now I finally experienced a Raspberries concert and not a "reunion concert".My wife,who happily could have the car stereo faded to one speaker with no treble or bass for a week before she notices a problem,is still in awe of the sound and what we experienced.And to my long suffering staff and patients tolerating my all- raspberries all -the- time office cd juke mix,ok,I will now for variety add the originals of the covers they played.No muzak here.

When Eric shared with us his hearing the guitar in intro to Mr Tambourine Man and pulling his car over stunned by sound,he déjà- vued me {excuse the journalism or lack of) to a specific spot off the Baltimore Beltway near Pikesville where I pulled my car over when first I heard the intro to Go All The Way-thru my car am mono single speaker- who/what the hell was this?I think gas had just hit 35 cents gallon.

So now having once seen the original Who,and now Raspberries, which I did not consider even a remote possibilty;all thats left is the 4 original Beatles live, and I can check out with no regrets.

see you all, soon I hope.

darlene   

The traditional "hundred welcomes to you!" from me, footdr! What a great 1st post! Congratulations on seeing Raspberries live! It really is an experience so powered by emotion that it transcends mere words.

Enjoy the board--time passes quickly when one is having so much fun here! What a great time to be an EC or Raspberries fan!

:) --Darlene

Welcome footdr1 to the BIG Show!!! Enjoy the musical fellowship that this board provides.

Originally from Towson, Maryland, I was most likely cruising the beltway also when I first heard GATW. The Berries had me from the opening chord.

The Northern Virginia High School they played was most likely Handley High in Winchester, about 5 minutes from my current home. I, also, missed that chance too to see the berries then.

But, Saturday was worth the wait..for many of us first-timers.

The Next East show...will be Number 2 for me!

sterling   

I remember hearing GATW for the first time also and wondering ....something like "what was that?". Very similar reaction from others as well.

I do have a question about Eric's story. I do remember hearing Mr. Tambourine Man for the first time in April 1965 on the radio. I was coming home from the golf course when I was a sophomore in high school and really liking it because it was so unique! Eric was not 16 until Aug. 11 of 1965. So he must have been driving when he was 15. Not sure if Ohio had a 15 minimum age for driving back then. Unless Eric did not hear the song until late that summer. Oh well....just thought I might throw that in.

Phil

Welcome footdr1! Gee, until now I never classified the Raspberries' albums as "sole" music. I bet while listening to the Raspberries' music, your patients don't mind "waiting" for their appointment with you. :) I'm glad to read that you had a toe tapping good time in Atlantic City!

Jeff