Sign in to follow this  
Rasburied

1998 almost Raspberries show

God, with all that ringing... be careful you don't get charged with roaming when you travel...

I love it when the doctors tell you that you're normal for "your age"... When I'm 99 I don't want ot be normal for my age... normal is dead!!!

Kirk   

What he said was my hearing loss is at the very high frequencies, and that's pretty normal as we age. My hearing is fine in the range of the human voice, which is where most people with hearing loss have a problem. We better get back on topic, or nobody is going to hear us. (sound effect)RASPBERRIES! Kirk.

Men never ask for directions ... we are simply looking for alternative ways to get to where we're headed.

At least that's the excuse I've always given...

For me, my amazement is that Jim participated but later refused to record with Scott, Wally & Dave because of his "only the original four" stance...

I could be mistaken, but I don't believe this is accurate. The recordings were studio demos done in LA in hope of garnering interest from a record label. They only sold the cd to recoup some of their costs. My understanding was that Jim simply wasn't interested in the endeavor.

Quote:
Originally posted by Don_Krider:

...the Scott McCarl vinyl 45 rpm single (with picture sleeve) "In Love Without A Girl" (the flipside is the non-album track cover of The Beatles' "This Boy," which is gorgeous).

Scott's version of "This Boy" will be featured on the CD that will accompnay the power pop book "Shake Some Action," to be released later this year...
Any new info on the release of this book and CD?

popdude   

Quote:
Originally posted by popdude:

Quote:
Originally posted by Don_Krider:

...the Scott McCarl vinyl 45 rpm single (with picture sleeve) "In Love Without A Girl" (the flipside is the non-album track cover of The Beatles' "This Boy," which is gorgeous).

Scott's version of "This Boy" will be featured on the CD that will accompnay the power pop book "Shake Some Action," to be released later this year...
Any new info on the release of this book and CD?
Hi Pat,

I'm crossing the i's and dotting the t's as we speak, so we're looking at a late 2006 release.

Also, there are a few new additions to the CD that I'm really excited about and hope everyone else will be, too!

Thanks for asking...

refreshed was good for what is was....The Raspberries... even if EC and JB were not there...it stands for where 3 guys were at one point in time....trying to see if they still had it....and they did.