Sign in to follow this  
wingman

Eric Carmen fan

wingman   

I don't know what it is but I just can't get into the Rasberries.

I'm a Eric Carmen fan. Wish he could get all the recognition he deserves without the group.

darlene   

Wingman, Where have you been???? He's gotten a LOT of recognition! Not as much as he deserves, but that will come also. I'm an Eric Carmen fan also, as I'm sure everyone is who visits EC.com.

In the ardor of being a fan, it's very easy to forget what the ARTIST wants. Right now his focus is Raspberries, and we're all pretty over the moon about it. Eric seems to be also. Some phantasmagorically amazing things have been happening pretty quickly, and that's probably because Eric and the guys are doing things the way the way they want to do them, instead of listening to agents, managers and record company execs. And all this stuff has happened in only a matter of MONTHS!!!! Hold on and you'll see Eric's solo career (and most likely some other solo careers and spinoffs) skyrocket as well. But have patience, and FAITH! As I tell my students every day, if you "BELIEVE!", then ANYTHING can and WILL happen, just the way you want it to. Nobody around here is laughing at my "rose-coloured glasses" anymore!

PS This reunion, all things Raspberries and Eric Carmen are in the news EVERYWHERE, if you haven't noticed! And that's "recognition" BIG TIME! Like we've been saying, it's just getting better and better. And it's NOT a coincidence--it's the way it's supposed to happen.

smile --Darlene

Hi Wingman! I'm with you - I'm much more into the music of Eric than the Raspberries. I've got every song from his solo days memorized, but barely know the names of the 'Berries songs. I've thought of going to the Raspberry concerts just to see Eric - even though I won't know all the songs like the other fans there will. Still, with Eric not putting anything solo out at the moment, it's about all there is....

wingman   

Yes Darlene, I think that's what i said. Maybe not as winded but the meaning is the same. He still don't get the reconition the man deserves.

Wingman, welcome to the board.

Darlene, very well-said. Your positive vibes are totally cool!

I love three of Eric's six solo albums ("Eric Carmen" (Arista), "Boats Against The Current" and "Tonight You're Mine"), but I still love his Raspberries' music best. Bottom line: we all love Eric's music.

I think it's his output with Raspberries that has the best chance of getting Eric, and all the guys, into the Rock Hall (I was doubting that chance, but the reunion sure makes it seem more possible now).

The media loves the band --- besides Rolling Stone naming "Overnight Sensation" into its 100 Greatest Singles Of The Rock Era, Spin magazine named "Go All The Way" to their 100 Greatest Singles list several years ago. In Britain, the respected MOJO magazine in its February 2000 issue called them one of the "100 Essential Cult Heroes" of the rock era. Things to note when promoting the band's reunion!

Don ;-)

darlene   

Don, Thanks! Your post was great, as usual. I am really happy to hear you say that you no longer doubt Eric and the boys getting into the Rock Hall of Fame, even though you once did! Wow, that's fantastic, because you know what you're talking about! I totally agree. Nothing short of miracles is happening every day!

smile --Darlene

ERIC'S solo career built upon the success of his earlier work with THE RASPBERRIES...if you listen...you can hear the maturation of the music when you compare the sweet joy on LET'S PRETEND...to the sadness that permeates the vocal...and arrangement of NEVER GONNA FALL IN LOVE AGAIN...i think of those two songs as great examples of how his RASPBERRIES music led to his solo career...yeah...NEVER GONNA FALL IN LOVE AGAIN can be heard as a sequel to LET'S PRETEND...and that's why i appreciate both eras of ERIC'S music.