Sign in to follow this  
Raspbernie

Carnegie Hall

Hope everyone has checked out the new ASK ERIC column where Eric continues to answer your questions. Now for my question: Thousands of people check this web site every week ... is there anyone here who was at Carnegie Hall when the Raspberries performed there on September 26, 1973? Does anyone know somebody who was there that night? We'd love to hear from you. --Bernie

Hi Bernie, how are ya? Regarding the Carnegie Hall show and if I knew of anyone in the audience that night. I do, and some of you may know him as well. None other than Paul Stanley of KISS, who at the time was just in the embrionic stage of putting together the greatest rock band ever! He has mentioned many times that he loved the uniformed look of the band but it was Eric who truly blew him away. He has personally said to me, "He is a GREAT singer!" Our good buddy, Ken Sharp, has an interview here on the website where Paul mentioned how "The Raspberries blew Stories off the stage that night".

Paul-- Eric told me that there were plenty of VIPs in the audience that night. Afterwards they all gathered for a party thrown by Capitol Records to celebrate the great show. One other notorious concertgoer that evening was Todd Rundgren who heard the Berries do their rip-roaring cover of "The Locomotion." He took the song to Grand Funk Railroad and produced a #1 hit single with the track. Ouch! --Bernie